Lefthanded and Colorblind

Friday, January 26, 2007

Five Year Old Millionaire

I’ve always liked the game of Monopoly. I also distinctly remember being told of the legend of Monopoly, how it was invented during the Great Depression by some down-and-out person; part of the “American Dream”.

When I moved to England, the locals gleefully informed me that the game of Monopoly had not actually been invented by some poor, starving American. They claimed that it had been invented by an English man.

Now through the joys of search, I’ve come to realize that the first patent for a “landlord game” was not by a resourceful Englishman, nor was it credited to some depression-ridden lad. The first Monopoly game patent belonged to an American woman.

But none of this is the reason for this story. The other day on the Hasbro site, I found the greatest page. A place to print actual Monopoly money.

My five-year-old is now a millionaire.

2 Comments:

  • Do you like milk ? I like milk. Milk is white. I spilled milk once, and then I cleaned it up with a paper towel. I like paper towels. They help me clean up my milk when I spill it. Do you know who invented milk ?

    - M Munrow

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:56 AM  

  • interesting..i love monopoly!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home