Lefthanded and Colorblind

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Bill Murray on the Uke


We just returned from a trip to Hawaii. As it goes, Hawaii has its good points and bad. It sometimes has that Walmart feel. A Walmart set in some of the most beautiful scenery. As I was sans-cell phone, email and blogging during my recent holiday, and because my hand-writing skills seem to be deteriorating with age, my observations were nearly monosyllabic:

  • The waves are relentless.
  • A sea turtle drifting past.
  • The yellow and blue fish hiding in the corral.
  • The black lava.
  • The dead, white corral rolling in the surf.
  • A whale breaching in the blue.
  • The grass colonizing the fresh lava.
  • Lizards and feral cats everywhere.

And Bill Murray standing next to me in the open-air, airport security line at Kona airport, strumming a Ukulele.

1 Comments:

  • you have to much time on your hands

    uncle C

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home