Lefthanded and Colorblind

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Joe D

One year ago this June, one of my best friends and colleagues died a tragic death. Today would have been his 43rd birthday. During the memorial services at work last year, I spoke of him:

"Joe D was our colleague, he was our coach, he was an intermediary, a confidant and a leader, but most of all, he was our friend. Joe D show us all how to be better. Better employees, better managers, better people. I learned from Joe D and I’ll miss him, but the lessons he taught me will stay with me forever. His strength and confidence, his uncanny ability to wake up at 4am, work out, and still be in the office by 6am. His laughter even during the most stressful of times. His guidance during uncertainty. His smile and friendly hello whenever he saw you. I’ll especially miss his way of answering the phone…Joe D."

He was a good man and his memory will serve us all forever. I miss him.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home